District Writers’ Academy’s mission is to create a safe and inspiring space for young writers to explore, learn and empower themselves through writing.
Enrollment Cap: 6 students.
Instructor: Suzanne Zweizig
Location: Hera Hub DC, 5028 Wisconsin Ave NW, Suite #100
Camp Tuition: $385 (Includes Handbook)
Please familiarize yourself with our refund policy
Jr. Story Writers Camp (Rising 7-9 Graders)
June 26- June 30 — 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Designed for middle-school ages, this camp will provide your young writer a chance to tell their stories in a fun, interactive workshop space. No experience necessary or assumed, this class will
teach the basics of storytelling (plot, description, character, scene) and give students a chance to experiment with different aspects of fiction writing. Our creative writing camps encourage students to experiment and nurture a love of writing.
- Learn basic elements of story writing (plot, description, character, scene setting, imagery) through fun, interactive writing exercises and games
- Write their own stories in our guided, interactive workshops
- Receive constructive ungraded feedback
- Explore creatively with language and words.
- Develop awareness of and confidence in the writing process.
- Learn writing skills that will translate to academic courses
- Have the opportunity to submit one story for publication in our 2023 District Writers’ Academy Camp Anthology
- Receive a course handbook with writing exercises and tips.