Private Writing Tutoring
One-on-one writing tutoring is the heart and soul of our work at District Writers. A writing tutor can tailor instruction to individual students, working collaboratively with them, their families and schools to identify and work toward specific goals. We progress at the student’s individual pace, building on skills as they show mastery and gain confidence.
Although all students excel with individual instruction, writing tutoring is especially helpful for students who struggle to express and organize their thoughts, have writers’ block or need innovative approaches to learning. A writing tutor is also a great resource for gifted or creative students who seek more creative or advanced writing instruction.
Writing tutors can also coach students on specific writing projects, such as the college common-app essay, grad school application essays, extracurricular writing projects and more!
A Writing Tutor Can Help Students
- Create a more efficient writing process
- Break through writer’s block and resistance to writing
- Build confidence as a writer
- Learn strategies for organizing ideas
- Increase executive functioning skills
- Enhance reading comprehension
- Write with more specificity and precision
- Master basic grammar
- Develop a more advanced prose style
- Expand vocabulary
All of our writing tutoring sessions are scheduled on an individual basis. Please contact us to schedule or inquire further about tutoring for your child.